Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June Update

It's June already and I feel like the past few months have flown by. I am beginning to get a little nervous about the trip and making sure I myself am prepared. Today I took my bike to be disassembled, packaged, and shipped to San Francisco. It was kind of sad to see it go because I have become so attached to it. I have to say thank you to Dave from Lake Country Bike Shop in North East,PA for all the advice and help he has given. He has a lot of cross-country experience and wisdom to shed on my trip. I would also like to say thank you to all of those who have contributed to Cycling For a Cure and also to the John Kanzius Cancer Research Foundation. For those of you who would still like to contribute it would be greatly appreciated by me and the John Kanzius Cancer Foundation! To raise money for the foundation we have been selling rubber bracelets that say "cycling for a cure". The bracelets are $3 and the money will go to the foundation.

Although I am nervous about the trip and have many fears my excitement is overwhelming! I can't wait to spread the word about the research that is going on and let the country know about this great technology that has been proven to work. As you can see on the website we will be arriving in San Francisco, CA on June 13th and will begin riding on the 14th. to start we will be traveling through cities such as San Francisco, sacramento, and Davis California. Well, thats all for now but I look forward to keeping you all up to date as the trip progresses! Thanks for all your support!

No comments: